Call for applications: Writer’s residency in Burkina Faso
03 Jun 2019
Deadline: 7 July 2019
The Goethe-Institut/ Bureau de liaison Ouagadougou is setting up a writer’s residency for young African writers (less than 40 years) in 2019/20 in Burkina Faso.
This residency program aims to give a platform for free expression:
– to writers who project the vision of (another) future in their writings,
– to writers who have restrictions of expression in their country of origin,
– to activist writers who express themselves in relation to social and/ or political transformations and challenges in their countries.
The residency is open to writers of all literary genres: novel, poetry, essay, storytelling, narration, theatre, comic, etc. Authors in residence are expected to produce a text during their stay. These texts will be published at the end of 2020, either in physical or digital version.
Conditions to apply:
– Be under 40 years old
– Have at least one published text, either with a publisher or a newspaper,
on a blog or website or as a self-publication
– To be of African nationality by origin or by naturalization
– Have a writing project to develop during the residency
– Be available from November 2019
For more information and details about how to apply, please visit the Goethe Institut website.