SABC Board Seeks New Members
23 May 2018
Deadline: 15 June 2018
The Portfolio Committee on Communications is now inviting institutions or individuals to nominate people to fill three vacancies on the Board of the South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC).
According to the Broadcasting Act, SABC board members must be people who:
- are suited to serve on the board by virtue of their qualifications, expertise and experience in the fields of broadcasting policy and technology, broadcasting regulation, media law, business practice and finance, marketing, journalism, entertainment and education, social and labour issues;
- are committed to fairness, freedom of expression, the right of the public to be informed, as well as openness and accountability on the part of those holding public office;
- represent a broad cross-section of the population of the republic;
- are committed to the objectives and principles as enunciated in the SABC Charter; and
- are South African citizens permanently resident in the republic.
Written nominations must contain the full name and address of the institution or person making the nomination, the nominee’s signed acceptance of the nomination and their CV, providing at least the following information:
- full name, ID number and gender;
- contact address, telephone and fax numbers, email address;
- previous experience (quoting dates and organisations concerned); and
- certified copies of academic qualifications and identity document.
Nominations must be addressed to the committee secretary, Mr Thembinkosi Ngoma, at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday, June 15, 2018, at 16:00. Ngoma can be contacted at 021 403 3733.
The nominees may be subjected to a qualification check and security clearance and late nominations will not be considered.