Enter the Leopard’s Leap and Open Book Festival’s “Message on a Bottle” Competition
17 Jul 2018
Deadline: Sunday 5 August 2018
In anticipation of the 2018 Open Book Festival in Cape Town, Open Book and their sponsors Leopard’s Leap wines are putting on another yearly competition. This year it’s “Message on A Bottle”, where the winning 40-word entry will be used on Leopard’s Leap wine labels, and will garner its writer R5000 in cash, and lots of wine. This year’s competition is judged by PEN SA members Paige Nick and Mohale Mashigo, alongside Hein Koegelenberg and comedy legend Pieter Dirk-Uys.
All details are below:
- Competition opens for entries on Monday 16 July 2018
- Entries close on Sunday 5 August 2018 at midnight
- Judging to take place on Wednesday 15 August 2018
- Winner to be announced at the Open Book Festival Opening Bash on Tues 4 Sept 2018
- Create a message on a bottle of 40 words or less for our back label using 3 of the following words: Share, Quality, Story(ies), Time, Mellifluous, Taste, Vellichor, Aroma, Journey, Serendipity
- No limit to number of entries per person
- E-mail your entry with contact details to: email@example.com
- Competition details and terms and conditions available at: www.leopardsleap.co.za/messageonabottle
- The winning MESSAGE will be used as back label copy on a specific Leopard’s Leap wine that will be available to consumers in the domestic market.
- MESSAGE ON A BOTTLE entries must be in English in order to comply with Leopard’s Leap back label regulations and requirements for sale in South Africa.
- MESSAGE ON A BOTTLE entries may be used by Leopard’s Leap and Open Book Festival on digital platforms (Facebook headers and posts, Twitter headers, website homepage, blog articles, newsletter and e-mail banners).
- MESSAGE ON A BOTTLE entries may be printed on various promotional items including posters, canvass and leaflets.
- MESSAGE ON A BOTTLE entries may be displayed at Open Book Festival venues.
- MESSAGE ON A BOTTLE entries may be displayed at Leopard’s Leap Family Vineyards in Franschhoek.
- Judges: Hein Koegelenberg, Paige Nick, Mohale Mashigo and Pieter-Dirk Uys
Terms and Conditions
What we are looking for
Create a message on a bottle of 40 words or less for our back label using 3 of the following words: Share, Quality, Story(ies), Time, Mellifluous, Taste, Vellichor, Aroma, Journey, Serendipity.
The winner will be announced on 4 September 2018.
How to enter
Entries to be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that they have read and abided by the competition rules set out below. Competition entries open on the 16th of July 2018 and close at midnight on the 5th of August 2018. To enter the competition the participant needs to be 18 years or older on the 16th of July 2018. The winner will be announced on the 4th of September 2018. To be eligible for the competition, participants or entrants must reside in the Republic of South Africa and be over the age of 18 years. Leopard’s Leap Family Vineyards employees, their immediate families and/ or agents involved in the competition may not enter. The prize must be taken (or rejected) as awarded, cannot be transferred or deferred and may not be converted to cash. The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
Terms & Conditions
The winner will be notified via e-mail. If the profile provided by the entrant is no longer valid he/she will forfeit the prize. Another winner will be selected in accordance. The prize will not be transferable to another person. No parts of any of the above named prize are exchangeable for cash or any other prize. The prize is exclusively for the winner and is neither transferable nor exchangeable. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason. By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as Leopard’s Leap Family Vineyards may require. Incorrectly completed
entries will be disqualified. Leopard’s Leap Family Vineyards will by no means share entrants contact details as supplied to us. By entering into this competition, you agree to receive future correspondence from Leopard’s Leap Family Vineyards (unless you unsubscribe on Leopard’s Leap Family Vineyards Facebook page or from our electronic communication). By entering this competition the participant accepts the full terms, conditions and rules of this competition.