Calling all aspiring journalists: Apply for the DICE Young Storymakers programme
25 Mar 2019
Deadline: 7 April 2019
The British Council and Pioneers Post have launched an exciting new opportunity for up-and-coming journalists.
The ‘DICE Young Storymakers’ programme – offered through the Developing Inclusive and Creative Economies (DICE) programme – is an opportunity for 18 young journalists, videographers, writers, radio journalists or photojournalists to visit London in May 2019.
During this time, they will receive training from UK journalists and editors. Subsequently, they will also take part in editorial meetings and produce articles, video, podcasts, photo essays and other paid content for publication in Pioneers Post and British Council channels.
The programme will support the Storymakers to develop and publish fact-based reporting, analysis, radio reporting, photojournalism and video content about:
- the DICE programme, its participants, partners, beneficiaries and impact
- initiatives to address gender inequality, youth unemployment, and barriers to inclusion for people with disabilities and marginalised populations
- efforts to promote a more enabling environment for creative and social enterprise
- positive change to national and regional policies for creative and social enterprises
- innovative, collaborative responses to local and global challenges targeted by the Sustainable Development Goals
- other efforts to build more creative and inclusive economies
These opportunities will be offered to three young journalists, videographers, photojournalists, radio journalists or writers, aged 18-25, in each of the six DICE countries: Brazil, Egypt, Indonesia, Pakistan, South Africa and the UK.
For more information and to apply, visit the Pioneer’s Post website.